Counter at the bottom of the page tells me someone from Argentina is viewing the blog. Buenas noches! Que buena tu chimba! Quiero comer tus pasteles! Welcome to a very exclusive club! Which of your friends can claim to have seen this blog? Frea-king none of them. Not one. I bet that feels good.
Um, if you want your country's name broken into monosyllabic, exclamation-pointed sections, just visit. This is something I do.
Some business to take care of from earlier (sorry for troubling you with it; I know you're busy people): Po! Land!
Update:
U! Nited! States!
The more pedantic among you will notice that that I haven't broken up the second and third syllables of the name of your country (or not your country; I certainly don't mean to confine pedantry to the US -- it flourishes everywhere, like some kind of moss or lichen that flourishes everywhere and therefore fits the simile). I have done this to suggest, as you've probably already guessed, and surely unshakingly believe, that the US has been "nited" (or Knighted) by History to lead the world in certain respects at certain times but emphatically not in other respects nor at other times. But nevertheless and nonetheless, and, of course, notwithstanding.
Sorry for stating the obvious in so many words. Thank you and good night.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(16)
-
▼
April
(16)
-
▼
Apr 16
(9)
- Filth
- Bright new day; filth exposed to sunlight * Updated *
- George Will yells at clouds
- An impression I regret to have conveyed
- Contrary to what was known
- Tribute to patriotism/fitness
- AR! GEN! TI! NA! * Updated *
- Lord knows you don't need me to show you this
- A term of seemingly, distressingly, limitless appl...
-
▼
Apr 16
(9)
-
▼
April
(16)
EA!RTH! hollers back. it's unfortunate to be defined by our inanimate objects, such as continents, which, upon closer examination, are not that "in"animate. as you so loquaciously pointed out, the short-comings (and long-comings?) of our species are fostered in all countries. either way: holla son.
ReplyDelete:)