Thursday, April 16, 2009

Contrary to what was known

They've been deceiving us all this time.
Contrary to what was known, all octopuses are venomous, a new study finds.
Like many of you, I owned several octopuses growing up. (The comments section is full of stories of folks who had different species of octopus as pets when they were kids.) So this came as a shock to me, as I'm sure it has to you.

When I think of all the times they let me snuggle them, sleep with them curled up at the foot of my bed, while all along they were slowly poisoning me, lowering my reading and math scores on standardized tests (maybe keeping me out of med school, in the end), well, I feel kind of betrayed.

Please feel free to share your stories in the comments. None of us should feel alone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers